Xotels is a company that offers remote revenue management and hotel management services for a portfolio of unique independent hotels. We have an international reputation for as force of change in the hotel industry. We continuously challenge the status quo.
Front Desk Internship
Delivering a great guest experience, our Front Desk Intern will represent the hotel with initiative, commitment and a meticulous attention to detail throughout all stages of the guest’s stay..
Role & Tasks
- Contribute to an overall exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
- Provide high level of customer service.
- Maintain a high profile in the day to day front office operations.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards.
- Identify different types of guests and their needs, providing an anticipatory service and exceeding their expectations.
- General Manager/Duty Manager
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Understand and operate Hotel´s Property Management System
- Possess a working knowledge of reservations procedures
- Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates, as well as other services of the property
- Assist in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible
- Offer personalized service to each and every guest
- Handle guest complaints with interest, concern and empathy
- Coordinate room status updates with the Housekeeping department
- Know all safety and emergency procedures and is aware of accident prevention policies
Experience & Qualifications
- Hospitality or Tourism related studies
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Previous Front Office or Customer Service experience
- Must be EU Citizen or in possession Spanish work visa
- Knowledgeable on Property Management System preferred
- The trainees must be organized and possess strong critical thinking skills
- Minimum of 5/6 months
Please note that our internships are non-paid placements. However you can apply for a scholarship from the Erasmus or Leonardo program
If you are looking to jumpstart your career in hotel revenue management or in hotel management, don’t wait, apply now!