Area Revenue Executive – Job Description
Xotels is a company that offers remote revenue management or revenue for hire services to hotel companies. For our growing international portfolio of outsourcing clients we are looking for area revenue executives.
Area Revenue Executive
Mission of the Role
Implement revenue management strategies and processes in our client hotels for an specific area, in order to optimize and maximize their revenues. Xotels grows the revenues of its clients by 10% to 25%.
Scope of the Role
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
- Identify new revenue opportunities.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
- Act as overall business development consultant for the hotel manager/owner.
- Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff at the client hotel.
- Travel regularly to each hotel.
- Embed a revenue management culture.
- Cluster Revenue Manager
- Director of Revenue Management
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotels on the area and manage day to day yield operations.
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Create and maintain a 13 month rolling demand calendar.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the individuality of each hotel.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution
- Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing group business strategies
- Analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
- Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Ensure hotel personnel is fully competent in the use of all systems
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…)points.
- Conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc…).
- Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
- Inspire Hotel’s HODs to further embed a revenue management culture.
- Advice and coach the client in other operational areas.
- Visit the hotels to get first-hand knowledge of all revenue management issues and other key areas.
- Any other reasonable requests made by management.
- Business Development DNA and commercial minded
- Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success
- Sound ability and knowledge to develop standards of operations and strategic processes
- Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment
- Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate business needs
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and the hotel teams.
- Capacity to read situation, understand environments and respond accordingly
- Capable of prioritizing between revenue generating actions and time consuming tasks with low yield impact
- Ability to work across all levels and functions of Xotels client portfolio under own initiative in a highly pressured environment
- Well developed interpersonal, adaptive influencing and supervisory management skills
- Willingness to travel and ability to interact professionally with other cultures
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment
Experience & Qualifications
- 1 year of hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required; additional languages an asset
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies
- Must be EU Citizen or in possession Spanish working visa
- Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel
- Knowledgeable of hotel technology: PMS, Channel Manager, GDS, CRS, Extranets
Many of the points above also apply for the job description of a revenue management analyst or director.