XOTELS is a boutique hotel management company and a driving force of change in the hospitality industry.
We have vast international experience in the development and management of hotels, assisting independent properties to outperform their local competition, and become market leaders.
We have been operating since 2006, and in our 12-year existence, we have grown our portfolio to over 50 hotels in 4 continents, and have a team of 35 strong hotel experts.
We are the A-Team of the hospitality industry, committed to generate a competitive ROI on your real estate and asset investments.
What we offer you at XOTELS
At XOTELS, you will be working alongside our digital marketing team. On one side, you will be working for our Hotel Clients (SEO, advertisement, web maintenance & design, analytics, technical implementations and reporting to the clients), as well as getting to experience our B2B side of marketing (overall strategy, SEO, content marketing, social media, analytics, and technical implementations at junior-level. See below the full task breakdown under “Core Job Responsibilities & Duties”
The wide variety of different marketing activities you will be involved in, the high autonomy you will be getting, and the unique position of XOTELS as a market leader makes this an extremely interesting opportunity to acquire unique knowledge of our industry as well as develop your soft skills to become an industry leader yourself.
Based in Barcelona, Spain (hybrid between working from home and the office)
Mission of the Role
The Webmaster (Junior) will be responsible for website performance, content loading, and technical support for the company and client websites in an search engine optimised way following the latest web standards and best practices.
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Development and maintenance of content for our portfolio of hotel and corporate websites in a variety of languages and using WordPress and Joomla
- Responsible for On-page SEO, launch and update of landing pages.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organisations.
- Provide internal feedback on improving strategy by assessing the current status quo, performing competitor analysis, and communicating other relevant ideas to positively impact the performance of our businesses.
- Analyse, impact of action by using measurement tools like Google Analytics, Search Console, etc.
- Take lead on activities including changes to WordPress websites and implementations related to Google tag manager, Google analytics, Google Search Console
- Communicate status to team members and management
Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Tourism/Hospitality or Marketing or related field
- 1 or 2 years of Webmaster experience
- Prefered previous experience with WordPress (Joomla)
- Experience with technical implementations including HTML, CSS, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Tag Manager, Google Ads
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience working in the travel sector is a plus
- Must be EU Citizen or in possession Spanish work visa
- Must speak English and at least 1 other languages (e.g. Spanish / French / German / Dutch)
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Proactive and positive
- Extremely motivated and result driven
- Good communication and listening skills
- Analytical mindset
- Quick learner, open to learn new things and approaches
- Initiative, commitment and a meticulous attention to detail
- Team-worker and communicative
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties