2017 is looking to be our most amazing year yet. Our independent hotel collection is performing a record levels. REVPAR and other financial result KPI are UP, UP, UP … Moreover, we have broken another record. We are now handling revenue management for over 60 properties.
2017 Mid-Year Results @ Xotels
Yes, we have passed the 60 hotels milestone, and are continuing to strategically grow our portfolio. Additions this year include the Yadoya Hotel in Brussels, a Japanese styled midmarket boutique hotel. The Plaza Elysées, a 4-star gem on Boulevard Hausman in central Paris. And we have expanded our luxury portfolio with the 5 star Sa Torre Resort in Mallorca, and not least the San Domenico Palace in Taormina Sicily (Italy), a Leading Hotel of the World, where we recently hosted the G7.
We have also been quite busy on the budget market and have grown the number of hostels we manage, via strategic partnerships with Hotel One, Gallery Hostels and SafeStay, which have properties across Europe (United Kingdom, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, …).
Below we will let you in on the financial performance and REVPAR results of some our independent hotels:
- Plaza Elysées, Paris: +17% vs. 2016
- Secret de Paris: +8% vs. 2016
- SafeStay London: +36% vs. 2016
- Lady’s Mile, Dawlish: +60% vs. 2016
- San Domenico Palace, Taormina - Sicily: +20% vs. 2016
- Qbic WTC, Amsterdam: +11% vs. 2016
- Zoku, Amsterdam: +17% vs. 2016
- Mabi, Maastricht: +15% vs. 2016
- De Duif, Lisse: +71% vs. 2016
- Kasteel Kerckebosch, Zeist: +12% vs. 2016
- StadsHotels, Woerden: +24% vs. 2016
- Yadoya, Brussels: +5% vs. opening Target
- Elisabeth, Mechelen: +34% vs. 2016
- ‘t Putje, Brugge: +18% vs. Target
- Casa Bonay, Barcelona: +46% vs. 2016
- Grums, Barcelona: +21% vs. 2016
- U Hostel Madrid: +10% vs. 2016
- Hotel de Londres, San Sebastián Donostia: +9% vs 2016
- Ibiza Rocks: +15% vs 2016
- Green Nest Hostel, San Sebastian: +13% vs. 2016
- White Nest Hostel, Granada: +23% vs. 2016
- Nest Style, Granada +14% vs. 2016
- Nest Style, Santiago de Compostela: +20% vs. 2016
- Premium Downtown, Porto: +61% vs. 2016
- Bernina 1865, Samedan: +14% vs. 2016
- La Digue Island Lodge: +24% vs.2016
Independent hotels are outperforming themselves and their local market in 2017. Not only are we seeing an increase in REVPAR and RGI, also GOPPAR is sharply moving upwards. This is being impacted notably by shifting sales to direct via the hotels’ own brand.com websites, and great efforts by the hotels' operational teams to up-sell and generate significant incremental F&B spending.
We have just moved offices this year in Barcelona to accommodate our growth, and the second half of the year looks like it will remain as dynamic and energetic as the first half. So, if you are a revenue manager, don’t forget to check out our job board, as we continue to recruit.
It is so exciting to see that our in-house developed methodology and best practices in hotel revenue management continue to help driving financial results for such a wide range of accommodation and lodging concepts, including luxury high end hotels, as well as youth hostels, holiday parks and camping's.
Need help with your strategies? We can help you drill into the untapped potential of your hospitality business!
Xotels, for a new breed of hoteliers …..
Patrick Landman @ Xotels