What is the meaning / definition of the Hospitality Industry?
The Hospitality Industry is part of the service industry and is comprised of 5 major sub-sectors which include:
- Food & Beverage (e.g. restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs);
- Travel & tourism (transportation);
- Events (e.g. festivals, concerts, conferences, ceremonies, weddings);
- Lodging (e.g. hotels, B&Bs, resorts, hostels, motels);
- Recreation (e.g. leisure park, relaxation).
At its core, the hospitality business industry concerns itself with providing products and services to people which assist in recreation and supporting the well-being of people. The hospitality sector includes different activities, which the main goal is to provide service and customer’s satisfaction (providing hospitality).
- Hotel Management
- Hotel Operator
- Hospitality Management
- Virtual Hotel Operator
- Chain Hotel
- Hotel Chain